Tuesday 2 November 2010

Chat



Overall really happy with the result, the quality is nice and all the colours came out fine, I gained some good experience getting it printed and corresponding with One Digital from Brighton. If I had more time I would of done a couple more stories, the magazine does feel a little light and flimsy but Im promoting it as a one off limited edition 4 story special. Doing this project gave me a good insight into how precise you really have to be with editorial work, even minimal layouts and using a minimal colour palette. Making sure all the body copy is the same size and weight, lining things up and using a grid, embedding fonts, converting to cmyk, image size etc etc. I definitely spent a lot more time spell checking because thats the last thing you want to see on a finished piece, so i think i've learnt from my mistakes from previous projects in that respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment